Quality Excites 2018 Conference Terms and Conditions
I. General provisions
The Conference Quality Excites, hereinafter referred to as the Conference, is organised by Future Processing Sp. z o.o. (Ltd.), based in Gliwice 44-100, ul. Bojkowska 37A (37A Bojkowska Street), entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court in Gliwice, X Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000217147, with share capital 50.000,00 PLN, Tax Identification Number: 634-25-32-128, hereinafter referred to as the Organiser.
Announcements and information about the Conference will be published on the website www.qualityexcites.pl, and any questions about the Conference shall be asked via email: email@example.com. The Organiser reserves the right to respond to questions and communicate with the participants of the Conference via email address or phone number provided by the participant.
The aim of Quality Excites Conference is to promote and popularise the knowledge concerning the quality of developed software and creating meeting space for participants.
II. Conditions for participation in the Conference as a speaker
- The Conference speaker is every person who is chosen in the process of call for proposals or is invited by the Organiser to take part in the Conference and confirms his/her participation.
- Only adults can participate in the Conference as speakers (a person delivering a talk or a workshop).
- Participation in the Conference is completely voluntary and free, however the Organiser agrees to provide accommodation and to refund speakers’ agreed cost of travel to the place of the Conference.
- To participate in the Conference as a speaker, it is necessary to take part in the call for proposals by filling in the form available on www.qualityexcites.pl.
- The call for proposals starts on 5 February and it will last until 3 April 2018.
- The Organiser reserves the right to extend the time for submitting applications, in particular in the event of temporary server failure, what they will inform about on www.qualityexcites.pl.
- The Organiser allows the possibility of communicating with the persons willing to take part in the Conference during the submission of applications and after the end of the call for proposals – in case of questions regarding the sent application or in a purpose of providing information about taking part in the Conference as a speaker.
- Submitting the application form is associated with providing personal information and contact details and agreeing to its processing, and agreeing to send a photo to the Organiser, to its processing, to image dissemination, and to fill out the required fields in the application form and to accept the conference terms and conditions.
- The subject of a talk or a lecture should cover the topics related to software quality or quality of project work.
- The Organiser is not liable for the inability to submit the form, in particular in case of excessive load, failure of service, or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Any activities that result, or may result, in misleading the Organiser, or any other participant, and may interfere with the call for proposals, are forbidden.
- Everyone who submits the form may comment or report complaints and objections during the call for proposals in the form of an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than three days after its completion, which is 6 April 2018. All submissions will be examined by the Organiser within 10 working days. The participants will be notified about the results via email.
- The Organiser chooses the speakers, on the basis of merit assessment of properly completed forms.
- Each person participating in the call for proposals will be informed about its results via email not later than 16 April 2018.
- Anyone who receives an email confirming the participation in the Conference as a speaker is required to confirm the participation by email within 72 hours following the notification. In the absence of such confirmation, the right to participate in the Conference is lost and the place is taken by another person, who is listed on the reserve list.
- The speaker, who confirmed participation in the Conference and who thereafter has to resign from it, shall promptly inform the Organiser of this fact.
- Persons who send the application form and the speakers invited by the Organiser consent for the Organiser to do the following:
- a) process personal data and image of persons completing the application form and of the speakers according to the Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 922) on the protection of personal data solely in order to make the necessary activities related to the participation in Quality Excites 2018 Conference, including, in particular, in connection with selecting the speakers and the speakers carrying out the lectures during the event – the release of the following personal data: name and surname; occupation; company;
- b) preserve the image of the speakers of the Conference in the form of analog or digital photos, online streaming, video recordings, or audio-visual works carried at the Quality Excites 2018 Conference;
- c) use and disseminate of the image of the speakers for marketing, informational, and promotional purposes within the current and next editions of Quality Excites Conference (i.e. particularly related to business, promotional, and marketing activity run by the Organiser).
- Speakers agree to record the course of the Conference and their speeches, including their interviews, in the form of audio-visual and sound recordings, carried out at the Quality Excites 2018 Conference.
- The speakers agree to transferring their personal data and their image preserved during the Conference to the entities cooperating with the Organiser and theirs use in the marketing, promotional, and informational activity of the Conference and its next editions.
- The speakers shall not receive remuneration from the Organiser for the use of the above materials.
III. Conditions for participation in the Conference
- Detailed information concerning the registration for Quality Excites will be announced to the participants in accordance with the provisions of § 2, wherein:
- a) registration is necessary in order to report the intention of participating in the Conference,
- b) registration for the Conference will take place exclusively via the Internet on qualityexcites.pl,
- c) number of seats for the lectures and workshops is limited;,
- d) the dates of registration will be announced by the Organiser on www.qualityexcites.pl.
- Any activities that result, or may result, in misleading the Organiser or any other participant of the registration and may interfere with the proper conduct of the registration or violate its security, are forbidden.
- Such actions will result in immediate disqualification. The decision to disqualify will be made by the Organiser.
- The Organiser has the right to extend the duration of the registration, in particular in the event of temporary server failure.
- The Organiser is not liable for the inability to provide questions via registration system, particularly in case of excessive load, failure of service, or other unforeseen circumstances.
- People submitting the notifications may comment or report complaints and objections during the registration in the form of an email sent to email@example.com and not later than three days after the close of the registration. All submissions will be examined by the Organiser within ten working days. The participants will be notified about the results via email.
- The rating of answers submitted by the participants will be performed by the Organiser.
- Each participant will be informed about the results of verifying the application forms via email.
- Each participant, who successfully completed the verification process, is required to confirm the participation within 72 hours following the notification, by clicking on the link attached to the email sent by the Organiser. In the absence of such confirmation, the participant loses the right to participate in the Conference.
- The participants consent to processing of their personal data in accordance with the Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 922) on the protection of personal data solely in order to make the necessary activities, related to the participation in the Quality Excites Conference 2018 and the next editions. Providing personal data is voluntary, but failure to provide them results in lack of opportunity to participate in the Conference. The participants have the right to access and correct their personal data.
- The participants agree to provide their personal data to the entities cooperating with the Organiser, as well as their image preserved at the Conference, and to use them in marketing, promotional, and informational activities of the Conference and its next editions.
- The participants agree to the preservation and the use of their image and recorded materials, including their interviews and presentations, audio-visual materials of their authorship, and the content of conducted lectures, for marketing activities undertaken by the Organiser.
- The participants do not receive remuneration for the use of the above materials by the Organiser.
IV. General terms
- The administrator of personal data is the Organizer, i.e. Future Processing Sp. z o.o. (Llc) with the registered office in Gliwice, ul. Bojkowska 37A, (37A Bojkowska St.), 44-100 Gliwice, recorded in the Register of Entrepreneurs maintained by the District Court in Gliwice, X Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number KRS 0000217147, with share capital of PLN 50,000.00, Tax ID No. (NIP) 634-25-32-128. The personal data of the speakers and participants will be used for the purposes specified in the Terms and Conditions and in the information provided for the Speakers and participants during the registration process until they revoke their consent to personal data processing.
- The consents mentioned in §7 – point 1, letter c, §9 – point 1, 2, and 3 may be withheld at any time. In order to withhold the consent, the Participant must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Withholding the consents mentioned in §7 – point 1, letters c, §9 – point 1 and 2 results in inability to participate in the Conference.
- An authorisation may be revoked only for the future, which means that from the moment the participant makes a statement in this regard, Future Processing may not use his/her image or distribute it in any materials, except for those where his/her image has already been used by the moment of revoking the authorisation.
- If the participant’s image is used on the websites belonging to Future Processing, on social media, and Web portals – in a different form than the one specified in the paragraph above, this authorization may be withdrawn retroactively, unless it exposes Future Processing to damage or the removal of such materials is excessively difficult.
- By sending the registration form, a participant or a speaker declares that there are no contraindications, including those concerning his/her health, which could affect the ability to participate in the Conference (in particular chronic illness or the need to provide specialised medical care or hospitalization), and that, in terms of health, the participant is able to take part in the Conference.
- A participant or a speaker shall not have any claims to the Organiser, associated with the deterioration of his/her health during the Conference, if it occurred as a result of failure to inform the Organiser of the existence of any circumstances referred to in paragraph 3, providing false information or misleading the Organiser.
- Disabled persons who, due to the degree of their disability, cannot take part in the Conference independently should arrive accompanied by the assisting person (guardian).
- The assistant of the disabled person, similarly to the other participants of the Conference, is obliged to accept these Terms and Conditions and to give consent to the aspects mentioned in §9 – point 1, 2, and 3.
- The Organiser must be informed about the arrival of the assistant via email within two days after registration for the Conference.
- People under the influence of alcohol or drugs are forbidden from the participation in the Conference. It is also forbidden to consume alcohol or drugs during the Conference.
- The Organiser is not liable for personal injury and property lost that may occur before, during or after the Conference.
- A competition may be held at the Conference.
- The right to participate in a competition apply to persons who do not have the status of Organiser of Co-organiser, who are not the workers or the Organiser’s co-workers directly designated to organize the Conference.
VI. Final resolutions
- The basis for participation in the Conference is to accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to the processing of personal data for the purposes of Quality Excites Conference organisation. The speakers must also agree to the preservation and use of their image as stated in §7 – point 1 a-b.
- The provisions of these Terms and Conditions of the Conference shall be the sole basis for conducting the Conference, and their interpretation is entirely up to the Organiser.
- The Regulations of the Conference are available for inspection on the website www.qualityexcites.pl.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the rules of the Conference, including the content of these Regulations. These changes will apply from the date of publication on the website of the Conference.
- Any disputes arising from the implementation of the commitments relating to the Conference will be settled by the court competent to the Organiser.
- The conduct of the Conference is defined exclusively by these Terms and Conditions. All promotional and advertising materials are for informational purposes only.
- The provisions of these Regulations shall be governed by Polish law. Any matters not covered by these Regulations shall be governed by generally applicable Polish law.
- The participants assume full responsibility for the truth of the information supplied in connection with the participation in the Conference. The participants are responsible in particular for providing false or outdated contact information, which may make it difficult or impossible for the Organiser to contact the participants.
- The Organiser is not liable for the consequences of giving false data by the participant or for giving the data of another person.
- The Organiser is not liable for delays or any obstacles in communication with the participants of the Conference due to reasons beyond the control of the Organiser.